Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Happy Birthday, Silas!


Today was my youngest brother, Silas' tenth birthday! I personally find it hard to believe that he is 10 years old!! But he is and he's such a blessing to my life.
We go way back, Silas and I....I love being his sister...and he's a great little guy!

So we had birthday pancakes for breakfast, all the boys were very happy! Haha...they are so funny! Give them pancakes and you're friends forever!! ;) I love 'em! The treat I made him for lunch was limeade- We have a lime tree in our yard and he goes down there almost every single day to check on them and he has been wanting me to make some lemonade with limes as he calls it! So for a treat on his birthday, of course I did! :)

We always have such fun birthday suppers! I love the way our family can have so much good fun together. I'll always treasure these times! I made Silas a pineapple cake with fresh pineapple cream cheese icing....I'm loving (Silas is too) having these lovely fresh, ripe, juicy pineapples!

Anna and I found some trick candles at a little shop by our house....


<-it started out so lovely! He blew the candles out with one breath....
buuuut.......wait!!---> Something isn't right!!





His face is just precious!! He loved them!
Hurrah for birthdays! I just love them! :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What a great way to start the month of December!!

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Happy birthday to Silas! :) Glad you all had a fun day!

Julia said...

Awww, what a cutie Silas is. :) Happy Birthday, little man! <3

Edy said...

I am glad Silas had such a great birthday. I love his reaction to the candles. Enjoy those pineapples! I am totally jealous. :)

Marli said...

I'm just now reading this post {a little behind on the times! ;)}... please tell Silas Memory said happy birthday! I love his sweet hugs whenever I see him {unfortunately, not often :(}! And I'd never heard of trick candles (... so ok, maybe i'm REALLY behind on the times! lol)... those are so cool! I want to find some for Dallas's next birthday! :O
Love much, MeM the friend

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails