Flower in the crannied wall,
I pluck you out of the crannies,
I hold you here, root and all, in my hand,
Little flower -but if I could understand
What you are, root and all, and all in all,
I should know what God and man is.
I saw this little plant growing in the corner of the beam under the back stairs. And I immediately thought of this poem. Now, I don't profess to know all about this poem, but it just struck me- how often do you see a little plant, growing in such an odd place? It was blooming yesterday. . . blooming under the stairs, in a little tiny corner. This is something I've been thinking about- being happy, content, productive and beautiful, no matter where you are. I may write more about it later...but for now, that flower makes me think.


1 comments:
That's cool, Lydia. :) Nice pics and nice thoughts. I'm glad you're doing some blogging these days. I should take a page (or chapter) out of your book. I love you!
Post a Comment