Tuesday, December 7, 2010

It's winter somewhere!!

Even though the thermometer says 80 degrees, sometimes it's nice to cook up one of those delicious wintery meals. The kind where the fire is warm and bright, outside it's cold and windy. The guys come in from doing the chores and smell that savory and spicy flavour of chili and cornbread...Mmmm :)

My Dad and brothers especially love chili and cornbread. So I made some for us this evening. It's been raining and very breezy so I've been a little chilly! I'm glad I brought that hoodie! Somehow the others missed the"it's chilly let's eat chili" memo, so I was the only one who did that, they just ate chili!! ;)



Want to make your cornbread lovin' family love you more? Cook it in an iron skillet! Just mix up the batter up normal, melt a good little pat of grease (bacon grease is a-mazing!) in a skillet and heat. Pour in batter and let cook a couple minutes. Bake in regular oven until done! So easy, so yummy! The edges are so crisp and delicious!


Happy winter night! Cook up something yummy for your family, tell them you love them and count your blessings! :)

3 comments:

Kim said...

Hi! Im Kimberley. I blog hopped and found your blog and I love reading it. We are also Christians and homeschool. I would love to ask you a few questions if you ever get time. I didnt see a place to email you so if you have time you can find me at http://mommysoblessed.blogspot.com. You will find my email there. Again, very nice blog!

Lydia said...

Thanks so much Kimberley! I'd enjoy talking with you! (I just looked at your blog) I hope your mother is doing better. Have a great evening!

Marli said...

Hey Lydia! It's Marli! Cornbread and chili is one of our favorites! As a matter of fact, we made pumpkin cornbread last night. VERY yummy!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails