Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Just a little sewing project!

We have been looking for some good kitchen towels and have yet to find any! So Mom found some good bathroom towels in some bright cheery colours and I turned them into tea towels! It was very easy! Here is what I did...

Full size towels, neatly folded, awaiting their transformation!!



Cut in half, right down the middle....I did short ways first.


Next, cut in half again, long ways, so to speak.


Like this.
(Can you believe I took the picture and acted like I was cutting all at the same time?!)


That's the size of the towel, ready for the sewing machine! You see, you only have to sew two sides this way; one end and one side! =)


Because terry cloth is so fuzzy and the size of towel on the small size, I zig-zagged the edges.

Next, I ironed over about 1/4 an inch and pinned it. With the others, I just turned it over as I went, but it may be easier to iron and pin, just depends on how you want it.


Sew hem the hem right along the edge of your zig stitch.


Tada! Finished dish towel!

Now we have 12 handy and colourful tea towels!! Very easy and very economical! :)
-------------------
I love sewing! It was a real treat to do these! Even if there were a couple snickers coming my way as I struggled with my camera!! Let me know if you have any questions, or comments!

2 comments:

Marli said...

What a neat idea, Lydia! They are so cute! You did a fabulous job!

-Marli

Julia said...

Very nice! I love your "action" shots, too! Hehehe. I love you! We need to talk soon! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails