This holiday season last year I was sitting pretty cozy in my house in Arkansas, with a lovely fire and hot tea. This year we are sitting in our nice house, with the windows open and the fans blowing! With iced tea! Well, I still drink my hot tea, I know...I'm a strange old bird! ;)
You see, the Trinis spend their Christmas Day at home, with their families, and since we spent Christmas Eve at home as a family we took advantage of the almost clear streets and went to the almost clear beach! It is very difficult to find a beach that is not swimming with indecency, so it was a treat to go and enjoy a rest.
(This is a photo I found online) We went to Maracas Beach on the North edge of the island. It's a beautiful spot.
The waves were boisterous and fun to play in and mesmerizing and lay-out-on-the-pallet-and-veg-izing too!
Mmmm....Have I mentioned how much I love the ocean, how beautiful it is?
Here's what Nathan did for the longest time...his finished work was really quite impressive! I helped by digging a hole for him, which he turned into a lake. Playing in the sand must be a universal joy.
Silas enjoyed himself, he was the last one out! But he's more the stay on the edge, closer to the beach type. I just loved watching him play. :)
We had a delicious local sandwich for lunch. It's called Shark and Bake- a fried shark in a flat naan type bread. It's part of the whole Maracas beach experience, so they say!
After lunch we headed back home and had a nice evening relaxing. It wears you out having a nice break at the beach! What a fun day and a great memory! I'm thankful we had a safe trip...we'll be treasuring those memories for the future!
I hope you had a great holiday yourself!


2 comments:
What a great sounding day! :) Glad y'all had fun!
That looks so amazing! The beach is so beautiful! The ocean is one of my favorite spots to go to just be amazed by one of God's magnificient creations!
Marli
Post a Comment