Friday, November 26, 2010

25 November 2010

Last Thursday was Thanksgiving holiday. As I spent that day here in Trinidad with my family I got to really thinking about how much I am blessed. And how far from an accountability of blessings people are becoming. I felt myself feeling ill when I read the phrase "gobble till you wobble". So I looked up the definition and then I explored some of Paul's "Thanksgivings". Read them, let them sink in-


thanks·giv·ing
–noun
1. the act of giving thanks; grateful acknowledgment of benefits or favors, esp. to god.
2. an expression of thanks, esp. to God.

\ˈthaŋk-fəl\
1: conscious of benefit received.


First, I think my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is proclaimed throughout the whole world. Romans 1:8

Wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me out of the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 7:24-25a

I thank my God always concerning you, for the grace of God which was given you in Christ Jesus; that in everything ye were enriched in him, in all utterance and all knowledge. I Corinthians 1:4-5

I thank him that enabled me, even Christ Jesus our Lord, for that he counted me faithful, appointing me to his service. I Timothy 1:12

I thank my God always, making mention of thee in my prayers. Philemon 4

Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, unto him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus unto all generations for ever and ever. Amen. Ephesians 3:20&21

Of what are you truly thankful?

2 comments:

Julia said...

I) Yay for blog posts. :)
II) Excellent thoughts. I had the exact same reaction to the "Gobble till you wobble" comments and this is always a great antidote for that!
III) I smiled when I read "I felt myself feeling ill" because I heard your voice so clearly in my head that it made me turn to see if you were there!
IV) I love you!

Lindsey said...

I agree...that has to be one of the most horrible sayings. It's a good reminder that Thanksgiving shouldn't be about the food, but actually giving thanks!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails