Monday, January 17, 2011

Menu Monday

Is it Monday already?! Wow...well, that was a fast week!

Today is not only the Monday I do my menu, it's also Mexican Menu Monday! Say that three times fast!! ;)




-Enchilada Casserole (garnished with lettuce and sour cream (Please see note at the end))

-Seared corn salad (It would have been even better if there were tomatoes...but...we didn't have any!)

A very simple, easy, and yummy supper. Mom has been wanting some Mexican food, so that turned out nicely!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A little note on sour cream.

Do you live somewhere where there is no sour cream? Do you ever run out and need some? Do you have extra plain yoghurt sitting around, just waiting for something to happen to it? Do you need a new recipe to try? Well, do you? 'Cause I have the answer for you!
It's called Greek yoghurt. Sounds fancy and difficult? Nope, well, yes it does, but it's not hard at all. You take regular yoghurt, pour a couple cups into a mesh strainer lined with cheese cloth or a coffee filter. Drain yoghurt over a bowl to catch the whey, in the fridge overnight. Next morning carefully scrape the thick yoghurt into a glass bowl or jar. Stir to smooth out and serve, or use as sour cream. See?! It's simple! And healthy for you!

Have a lovely week!!

3 comments:

Julia said...

Very nice! I'll have to remember that yoghurt idea. :) And my, what a swanky blog you have! Love you. :)

Marli said...

Very nice Lydia! I never thought...yogurt into sour cream? Hmmm.... I will have to try that some time. I love your "new look" too!

Marli

Edy said...

That looks YUMMY! Care to share the recipes?

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails