Thursday, January 20, 2011

Fruit, vegetables and culture!

Before you get any farther, my sweet sister Anna took these pictures, not me! (except the pumpkin and peppers) She's just amazing like that! :) Thank you, Anna!
This is the typical produce we buy....it's a nice variety and in comparison to the US, very cheap!

Fresh rosemary....you can find lots of fresh herbs for about 75 cents US.


I love the pineapples! (20 US cents a pound)


-Bananas that are called figs- whole hands for two dollars US.

Bok choy- three large heads for one US dollar.

Pumpkin- they are very large and quite good. They sell it by the slice. You get about three to four US pounds for about 2 US dollars.


The little fruit stand where I frequently shop...

Scotch Bonnet peppers...the Trinis use these in almost everything!! I think they are beautiful...so colorful and peculiarly shaped!

It's a beautiful thing to count your blessings. :)

4 comments:

Marli said...

Wow! Very neat! It looked like the food in Jamaica. Definitely brought back memories of Jamaica and the food there. ;)

Marli

Lindsey said...

Yum, hooray for fruits and vegetables! :) I love those peppers, they look so pretty.

Julia said...

Cool! I really like the pepper picture, too! Natural lighting... that's my girl. ;)

chasity said...

those peppers look amazing...
so pretty!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails