About April- *pant pant*
What a month! It was good, but busy was redefined!!
To start with....
Our whole family attended the sign language class at the Trinidad School of Preaching. It started bright and early at 7:30 am Monday through Friday. It's a bit of a challenge to get 9 people ready to leave at 7:00 am, but we made it! We all really enjoyed the class and have since then had lots of fun with the signing....sheds a whole new light on family 'code talking'!
On a more serious note, we were attending an island wide church function and there were 4 deaf ladies there and I was able to have a little conversation with them- it was very neat! I was a little intimidated, but Naomi and I were together and we really enjoyed it once we got into it! Even if I forgot a simple sign and had to ask Naomi!! You know most deaf people can read lips very well and they could see me asking and they got a big laugh out of that! :)
The second big thing was Dad teaching the Personal Evangelism part 2 class at the school. His part was to take them out and do actual door knocking and studies. Emily, Anna, Nathan and I joined the students of the school for that class every afternoon. It went very well- you really get to know each other working together like that. There can be so much good encouragement and memories from doing field work like that. And of course the people we talked to...we worked in a lower income area and you could feel the different flavour of the people there. Some were willing to talk, others not interested at all. Most times the people are polite, even really nice! But other times it can be a little discouraging! The days went by fast and it was a good experience especially for the students we worked with.
So we had that on top of the usual Sunday worship, (Oh, and Dad is also doing a series of Sunday morning class on Home and Family at the La Romaine congregation!) mid-week Bible class and the usual interaction we have with the folks here. It was good to be busy and focused on something so specific. And we made lots of good memories, I love my family! :)
So that was April! Now it's May and we're back to a more usual routine for us. I'm getting all in gear to do some more sewing, so that'll be coming soon! :)
Have a wonderful month!
This is Kimone, one of the deaf ladies. :)


0 comments:
Post a Comment