Friday, May 20, 2011

Sewing project

I sewed some little skirts for a lady we know in the church here....She needed some help and you know how I love to sew! And if you didn't, I do! :) I had about as much fun planning and shopping for the fabric as I did creating them! They are super simple: just plain gathered skirts. But with just a little extra effort you can make them really cute! I did a drawstring waist so they will fit any little girl...plus I added the pockets. :) A patch pocket is cute yes, but these little pockets just grabbed me and made me sew them!! I actually altered a pattern I found here. For all you "better at colour than me" people (you know who you are!!) I realize the purple pattern and the yellow are the weakest link, but I needed to only buy one contrasting colour and that's the best I had to work with! I really like all the colours...it makes me want to branch out myself!!


The sizes are about 8-10, 4 T and 18 month...

I was able to get one skirt of each size out of every colour of fabric. And I bought two yards of each! So that worked out really nice!

Do you see that precious popkin skirt there, the little baby one? The one that is so adorable that I could cry? Yeah, that was my favorite to make...and I can just see some sweet little Trini baby girl toddling around in it....Can't you?!

So that's my latest sewing project!

7 comments:

Julia said...

Very nice! Thanks for showing-and-telling! Hehe. :)

Kim said...

You did a fantastic job! Showed my daughter the Hello Kitty and we love it! Thanks for sharing we may try this as a summer project when we get through with homeschool...almost through...yeah!

Kristen said...

I love these! I wish I could sew that well! I am working on it...... :)

Lindsey said...

How cute!!

Kim said...

ok. We are back (by we, I mean myself and daughter) to look at the hello kitty skirt. Did you by chance buy the fabric recently? May I ask where you got the fabric? You just did a fantastic job!

Marli said...

AMAZING! You did such a grand job, Lydia!

Lydia said...

Thanks so much everyone! And Kimberely, I bought all the fabric here in Trinidad! Sorry that I can't be of more help!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails