Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Two Little Girls

I had two funny and neat conversations last week with two little girls. They are both around 10 years of age, from the same congregation and have spent enough time with me to be comfortable enough to talk to me! I can understand their shyness...what would you do if you weren't used to seeing white people except on TV and a whole bunch of them came and were there and...*gasp* talked to you!!! I love talking to the children here- their big brown eyes, peering over their little brown hands, covering their mouths in a gesture of bashfulness....their whispered name and age...:)

Ok, the first conversation was with Precious. Precious is a popular name for girls here! I think it's precious! Teehee...;)

We were sitting on a bed chatting and she was admiring and touching my curly hair.

Precious: "Your hair so pretty! It so soft and curly!"
Me: "Thank you, Precious! I think your hair is pretty too! I like your cane rows!"
Precious: *blush and plays with barrets on her plats*

Second conversation is with Sharice, a few minutes later. (she didn't hear the previous conversation)

Sharice: "When de las time you go to de beauty shoppe?!"
Me: "Oh, I just do my hair myself!"
Sharice: "Oh! You need to go real bad! Your hair lookin real shabby!"
Me: "Well, I kinda like it this way!"
Sharice: "It need plated- maybe even a wig!"
Me: *bursting with laughter inside* Oh really?! Well, I don't know! I think I'll just keep it this way!"

Isn't it funny, how the way you are raised influences your thinking? I smile at these girls...they're cute, they have a fresh perspective and they're funny. :) And they have beautiful little heads of black hair in cane rows and plates with little colorful barrets. <3

3 comments:

Julia said...

Hahaha! How cute! Your hair lookin' real shabby! <3

Traci said...

hahaha! That is so cute! awww! :)
Thanks for sharing! I really really like your blog! You can follow me if you want! :)

Luke said...

That's funny, Shabby!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails