All this week I've been thinking about how blessed I am. It's so easy to get carried away with stuff and forget.
Tomorrow is the Memorial service of a dear sister in Christ. Her name is Shauna and she went Home last Saturday and I've been thinking about her family all week. About her sisters, about the family she left behind. I can break down and weep with just the thought of losing one of my sisters; I can't imagine the pain of the actual event. The power of influence is far reaching and I've been influenced by this strong Christian woman and her family. It makes you think. It makes you count your blessings.
Sometimes it's good to write them down, to meditate on them and truly thank God for all you have in your life.
So here is my list:
*Salvation through Christ. The ultimate sacrifice of Jesus giving His perfect life for the world of sinners.
* My family- Both of my parents are living, I have three wonderful brother still living at home, I have my three best sisters sharing a room with me, I have a great oldest brother and sister-in-law and baby on the way! Part B of this is a wonderful relationship with each member of my family. :)
* Since I live in Trinidad, I'm very thankful for modern technology to keep up with people all over the world.
* My friends, extended family and Christian family- all over the world as they are.
* I have a safe place to rest. A snug roof over my head and mosquito netting for my bed. I know people who have neither.
* Good water
* Good food
* Shoes on my feet, clothes in my closet
......you can see how the list goes on. This is just the tip of the ice burg so to speak. I'm blessed beyond measure!
So I encourage you to count your blessing and also pray for the Heck and Morton families. Especially tomorrow.


1 comments:
Amen, Lydia! We are very blessed! I will be thinking and praying for the families tomorrow...and days after that...
Marli
Post a Comment