Monday, March 14, 2011

The Importance of being Ernest

Tonight Dad and Mom had an engagement so we kids had a fun evening together.

It went something like this....

It started out with breakfast for supper. Biscuits, gravy, bacony eggs and peach jam. Simple but very tasty. We all love a good breakfast for supper!

Next, Anna got some music going and we did the dishes. Some might call dishes a chore, but when we're all in the kitchen, working together and singing together...it's fun! You should try it sometime!
Oh and don't forget the part where Naomi plays the annoying part of the Netherfield Ball from Pride and Prejudice...Starting with "My mother bids me bind my hair...." and ending with a brilliant rendition of the Turkish Rondo! How does she manage that?!

"Let's play a game!!" And whist was the choice- yeah, that's a new one we've learned! It takes an even number of people and there are only seven of us. So. We have a problem, Houston! *drum roll please* Nathan to the rescue! *dum ta dum!!* He'll just split his amazing personality and be two people at once! (I helped him with the name) So Anna, Miles, Naomi and Nathan were on one team and Emily, Silas, myself and Ernest were on the second! We all sat at the table and had a blast! Let me just insert that Nathan's team and Ernest's team both won! What's with that?! ;)
(I wish you could have seen him hopping up, trotting to one chair to be Nathan, then running back around to be Ernest!! Hehe...he's cute!)
So then we watched a move and had a nice relaxing evening together. :) I know we're crazy but I love my family and I'm so thankful we can have so much fun and good times together!!

"Bingo!!" "Scrabble!" -You would have had to have been there!!! ;)

3 comments:

Julia said...

Haha - clever title! :) And I can just see all that happening in my head! Sounds like a lovely evening. "My mooooother bids me biiiind my haaaaiiiir..." Hahaha. I love you all!

chasity said...

what a lovely evening...
you are so blessed to have such a good
relationship with your siblings.
truly and wonderfully blessed.

and mmmm...breakfast dinner is a favorite at our house too!

hope you can come and enjoy it with us some time!

Luke said...

Way to go Nathan!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails