I did something new last weekend! I've always been interested in recovering chairs....just never tried it! The chairs that were here when we moved have quite a story...It started back in the 1960's when one of the first missionaries to Trinidad moved here and set up housekeeping, which included a 6 piece dining room set. That same table and chairs passed down through at least three missionary couples and now us. Dad did some shoring up work, inserting pegs and glue- and we girls recovered them. I think that's kinda neat...all that history in a set of chairs...anyway! It was very easy and quite a bit of fun...I love working with my sisters! :)
Tada! Doesn't it look good? Mom found this material...I think it looks real nice.
:)


3 comments:
CUUUTE!! I love it! I have to agree, doing projects with sisters is outta this world fun! ;)
Marli
Lydia, your project turned out very nice! I recovered chairs once, and it's not hard to do. Sure does give them a nice facelift. Hmm, I wonder what's next on your list? Looking forward to hearing about another project. :)
Nice job - they look good! :) I wanted to recover our chairs, but they're only being loaned to us so I'll have to wait to try that out till later down the road! :)
Post a Comment