For the last 6 to 7 weeks, Dad has been doing a class on church leadership at one of the congregations in south. While Dad spoke to the men, Mom did a class for the ladies. She focused her class on what woman can do to be better elders, and deacons wives. She looked at the examples of Eve, Sarah, Rebekah and Abigail. Also several ladies from Acts. With every example she asked "What can we learn to be a better elder's wife or deacon's wife?"
Things like:
*Submissiveness is very simple. It's Satan and self that make it difficult. (I love my Mom so much! She has a whole pocket full of old sayings and phrases...she raised us on them! But she pulled a new one on me! She said in summing up submission- "There gotta be chiefs, and there gotta be indians." And she is so right. If we follow God's instruction and rely fully on Him, so many issues would be cleared up!)
*Women are vital to the church. Without faithful women, there can be no elders or deacons.
*Mothers should be training their sons to be elders and deacons.
*Mothers should be training their daughters to be elder's wives and deacon's wives!
*God's role for women must be maintained, the results are less than God's standard when the boundaries are crossed.
*Being a wife and mother is the highest "job" a woman can have. God designed the woman for that precise purpose.
*Satan is going to try to get at Christian ladies however he can. We must be standing strong!
The conclusion Mom made was taken from Titus 2:5 "to be sober-minded, chaste, workers at home, kind, being in subjection to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed:"
When we are living our lives as Christian ladies, loving our husbands, children, teaching, being sober, responsible, etc. We cause the Word of God to work and not be put to shame! And to put that in reverse, when we aren't living with in our God given roles, we are blaspheming the Word of God!
Let's each help each other as we walk the path to heaven in our beautiful role as women for God. :)


3 comments:
What wonderful wisdom! I love the chiefs and indians quote! Hehe! <3
What an excellent post and uplifting instruction to share, Lydia! I am not sure how I missed this post, but I am so thankful that you shared it. I love your sweet momma. She is an uplifter, edifier and rebuker.She gives me just what I need. Love you sweet girl!
Mrs. Debbie
Oh, how I miss your mama's wisdom. I can totally visualize her saying these things. Maybe she needs to start a blog too. ;)
Miss you all!
Post a Comment