Monday, April 12, 2010

12 April 2010

I can hardly believe that my month here in Tanzania is up! Time has a way of fleeing....

It's been such a lovely visit....being with the Jensen family, worshiping with the people here, the Swahili singing, the beautiful scenery...I could make a list a mile long. But I won't.

It's just good to be encouraged by people you love and to let the beauty of God's creation sink into your soul.

Yesterday Jacob, (with Don and Axe!) Julia, Luke, Linz and I took a walk up the hill from the house. It's really a lovely walk and the view is spectacular. You can see all the way to Kisongo where the school is. You can see the Maasai plain stretching out to Longido. It's just beautiful. Beautiful because there are round hills just at random. Because the yellow blossomed trees that line the road wind around like a wavy pencil line. It's beautiful because the sun is so warm and brilliant; it's beautiful because God made it that way. So we we walked and chatted and enjoyed the beauty. We ended up sitting on the green grass and just being together. Oh, Jake was brushing the dogs and Julia was taking pictures and I was not crying, just for the record! :) It was just so nice to be with my dear friends. Time stood still for just a few precious minutes. And then we walked home and that was that. But it's those moments in time that make life more precious.


That us standing in the sun-left to right, Linz, myself, Luke, Julia and Jake.

My flight leaves at 9:30 (or there about) and I'll get home around 5 pm on Tuesday. Please keep me in your prayers!


2 comments:

Lee said...

Praying for safe travels for you, Lydia!

Julia said...

It was wonderful having you here, Lydia dear. Thanks for seeing and appreciating and understanding. I love you!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails