Friday, March 26, 2010

So hi! I finally got my blog all fancied up! Thanks to the help of Lindsey and Julia my blog has a brand new look! Haha..if you're wondering what the difference is, it's just a rearranging of the black and white! But dontcha know, black goes with every thing and you add white and it's classy! Haha...Oh dear...I need some help!!

A little more seriously now. I've been in Africa for two weeks today. And it's been a wonderful two weeks! Mrs. Joy has been sewing bridesmaid dresses and she is doing a beautiful job. :) Julia, Lindsey and I have been doing regular stuff around the house...for me it's always fun to do regular stuff with dear friends- there's something encouraging about folding laundry and doing dishes with friends.
It's been rainy here and the clouds have been bunched around Mt. Meru almost constantly. It's amazing how you can hear thunder in the distance with sunshine coming over the fence.



Funny story: Wednesday evening on our way to Bible class we heard that the road by the church building was closed so we parked at the school and walked about a quarter of a mile down this little path. It started out with a pebble path under some trees, then progressed into a nice walk through a grassy field. It was very lovely, really it was, but when you're trying to walk through mud and slippery grass without falling it's a little distracting! But, we all made it both ways without falling. (though I nearly fell three different times and there was one spot where I was doing some kind of weird lurching and flapping!!) As I was sitting there listening to class, I was thankful. Thankful that I was there safe. Thankful that I had friends willing to do what they're doing. Thankful for the rain. Thankful for my family. Thankful for so many things...
Like beauty in so many different forms.





I challenge each of us to right now count our blessings. And to look for beauty. Everywhere.

2 comments:

chasity said...

your blog looks beautiful....
tell those sweet jensens hello for me.

Lindsey said...

Very nice post! Pssh, I didn't tell you anything besides how to use the "fonts and colors" section! ;)

I'm thankful you're here too.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails