Today was a coldish rainyish kind of day...you know the kind where you like to eat warm food and watch a movie! So for lunch I decided to make Tomato Soup and Cheese Melts. (Melts because we are low on bread. So single slices and those left over biscuits work just fine! By the by, I made TWO batches of bread this week. TWO!!!)
So picture this: Miles is washing dishes and Nathan is drying. Anna is making pizza dough for supper and DJing the music for us. (it's movie music-Pirates of the Caribbean, Cowboys, Quigley Down Under, Lord of the Rings, Chicken Run, Narnia, to name a few!) Naomi is grating cheese and making the melts, Silas is setting the table and doing little tricks for me, and I'm making Tomato soup. Now in case you don't really know me, 1) I love to cook and 2) I love to tweak recipes. So I had looked up Tomato Soup on-line and scribbled down a few notes on my handy dandy marker board. So I was happily fretting over my soup and consulting my board.
The kitchen was filled to the brim with people and teeming with humming, singing, harmonizing and conducting of music, questions, conversations and reminders to go around!
"Silas, paper plates and bowls" "Nathan! Will you please rinse!!" "Miles you just sloshed the water!" "Is this enough cheese?""What part of the movie is this from!?" "How many pizza's should I make" "Lollie, how many do I set for?" "Could you hand me a squeegee please?" "This music is nice!""Could you taste the soup?"....
So then, suddenly, the melts are melted and smelling great, the soup is done and awaits the final test...whether it's edible or not....we call Dad and Mom in and have a lovely lunch. It's calm, it's peaceful, and cozy. It's another typical meal and time with my family....and I love it! :)


2 comments:
*happy sigh* Hehe, congratulations on finding the compose tab! :D I'm so glad you did a post. What a nice sounding day. :)
Sounds just perfect! And thanks for the info about the compose tab - I'll have to check it out for my blog!!
Post a Comment