That's what I told my little brother Silas when he came in and told me to come smell my food that was in the oven! When I checked, it was fine, just smelling yummy! If you hadn't noticed...I love to cook. :) Like a lot!
In my last post I mentioned Tomato Soup...well here's the recipe! It's kinda a mix of several...we all liked it fine...especially with melted cheese sandwiches! Enjoy!
Simple Tomato Soup
1 onion, minced
2 celery stalks, finely diced
1 quart chicken broth
1 quart tomato juice
1 large can diced tomatoes and one can rotel blended
a little extra tomato juice if needed.
sweetening to taste
salt and pepper to taste
garlic powder
basil to taste
2 cups 1/2 and1/2
1/2 tsp. soda
Saute onion and celery in a little butter until just cooked through. In a stock pot heat broth, and tomato juice (all of it!) . Add onions and celery. Season with the basil, garlic (small amount!), salt and pepper. Taste soup, adjust seasoning and add sweetening. (not too sweet) Right before serving turn soup off and add soda. (the soda keeps the 1/2 and1/2 from separating) Stir in 1/2 and 1/2 and serve with melted cheese sandwiches.
Did I mention these are good with melted cheese sandwiches?! Haha...oh by the way, it would be even better if you had melted ham and cheese sandwiches, as this is a little low on protein. Plus, you could also make some really yummy hot chocolate to go with the general atmosphere of a cold winter day and eating warming, favorite food! :)
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Sounds like a good winter supper!
Sounds delicious. Want to come to my house to cook, as in next month? :)
Thanks! Mrs. Joy, that's a good idea!! I think I may just do that! :)
Post a Comment