Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Some mid-week thoughts...

Last night, that would be Tuesday, night we went to mid-week Bible class at Gasperillo, a small congregation near our house.

The brother the presented the class did a wonderful job with the study from the book of Philippians.

Here are some of the things he said and we have all heard them before, but somehow hearing them again from this preacher in Trinidad really made me think. (I wish you could hear the accent and how it changes the emphasis.)

"We cannot attain perfection. But we can attain excellence."

"If something is not in our minds, it won't come out of our mouths."

"If you open you mouth to say "That's just the way I am" remember that when you signed on to be a Christian you signed on to change."

"What we do says louder than what we say"

I found these very encouraging and thought provoking.

I hope you have a good weekend!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I love Philippians! We've been studying it lately, and it's so encouraging. Love you! (Or yiew, heh heh)

chasity said...

very well put....
thank you for sharing!

Julia said...

Excellent, m'dear! Very thought-provoking indeed. Thanks! :) <3

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails