Every other time we taught inside, but as they were preparing for graduation, we taught out under the trees! My group usually had one other boy, but he was hiding!
They are sweet little girls...They always touch my heart!
:)
Here are some of the funny things they said through the course of the seven weeks I taught them:
"Ah miss, do you have children?"
"Miss, are you an actress?"
"Miss, you are real, real white!"
"Are you from England?"
"Miss, since you live in Trinidad, dat make you ah Trini!"
And that doesn't count the all the little snatches of conversation as they told me about their lives, siblings, dogs, cousins and neighbors! I love it! :) I'm going to miss it.


3 comments:
Awww! How special, Lydia!
Hi, Lydia. I recently started reading your blog, so I wanted to introduce myself. I am a Christian who lives in OK and has a heart and passion for "mission work". After reading some of your past posts, I realized that I've met your family! They came to our congregation (we attend the Oologah Church of Christ) before you all moved to raise support. I met both of your parents and several of your younger siblings! So now, I have even more interest in your blog!
Anyway, following you now :-)
How sweet! I'm sure they all loved you to death. So glad you were able to have that opportunity. :)
Post a Comment