My last post was about the first hint of fall....it's just delicious how it's feeling more and more like fall! At least for me....I've worn my yummy old hoodie twice already! I love this time of year...the old summer is bowing out gracefully, autumn isn't coming to fast...just that fascinating time of year. Mmmm!
My family and I just got back from an eleven day trip through the old south....We started out by attending Polishing the Pulpit in Sevierville, TN. And I could stop right there and that would be enough. There is so much encouragement to be gained by attending such a powerful lectureship. Listening to the lessons, meeting new people, catching up with old friends....seeing 2000 Christians all in one place just lifts the soul! My life is incredible blessed by the time spent there. :)
And then we spend most of a day at the Chickamauga Civil War park in Chattanooga, TN. Now that was fun! Our family outings almost always include a picnic and this one was particularly nice! Picture all nine of us crammed around a picnic table...with lots of "pass the mustard please" and "Are there any more tomatoes?" "Please pass the pepper" etc. :D So then on to the park! We saw lots of neat sites, climbed a very tall tower, marched down to a bridge, took pictures and generally had a lovely time together!
We spent the weekend with the Madaris family and they're always a joy to be with! We worshipped with them Sunday morning and then drove up Mississippi and worshipped with the brethren at Second Street church of Christ near Red Bay, AL. What a wonderful day! Plus spending the evening with two more lovely families...what a refreshing time! But then it was time to say goodbye and drive home. I loved driving up from Fort Smith...that's always so beautiful, no matter the time of year! When we got in, my bed said quite distinctly, "I missed you!" ;) I'm kidding....
It's just good to be home. :) I'm thankful for the safe trip and all the good times we had.


1 comments:
I'm so glad that y'all had a good trip. :) I can picture everything you mentioned so clearly, it's not even funny! And I'm pretty sure what you meant was that YOU said quite distinctly to your bed, "I missed you" ;) Love you!
Post a Comment