With the calender saying 'January' and all, I've been thinking about time. Here are some of my thoughts kinda jotted down...if this were on paper, they would be nice and neat with a round dot in front of each one! So keep that in mind...:)
-What is time? Is it 60 seconds, 24 hours? Weeks? Months? Years?
-Is it the wonder of a newborn baby or the beauty of age and wisdom in the wrinkled face of a grandmother?
Is it a small child counting down to their birthday? Or an adult pretending it doesn't exist?
-We relate time to things like "the year I bought the sports car" "the time we went to New York City" "the day we got married" "Junior's first birthday when he ate so much cupcake he got sick" etc.
-We say, next year I'm going to get that scrapbook done. Next week, I'm going to meet my sister and go shopping. Tomorrow I'm going to go grocery shopping. But do we really know that will happen?
-We measure time in years. Last year was 2009. In the space of one second so many held their breath and celebrated the next year, 2010. What makes that one second so special? Another year? Or is it just another day?
-Time never stops. It keeps going in an unending cycle. Sometimes that seems sad. Sometimes it's welcome! Sometimes we need time. I wish I could learn to be better about letting time go instead of hanging on and digging my heals in and missing things.
-Do we let time get away or do we let time rule us? Time is an unchanging part of life. But we can decide how we react to time.
I'm not saying celebrating a new year is bad...far from it! I'm not saying making resolutions is bad, I actually have one! But I wonder what our lives would be like if we treated everyday like we do New Years day? What if we were thankful for a brand new day, and a brand new chance to try our hardest at following Christ and living our lives?
"But forget not this one thing, beloved, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day." II Peter 3:8
"What is your life? For ya are a vapor that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away." James 4:14
"Look therefore carefully how ye walk, not as unwise, but as wise; redeeming the time, because the days are evil." Ephesians 5:15-16
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Thanks for reminding us all to use each moment to the fullest! tick . . . tick . . . tick . . .
Post a Comment